Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Off the Rails Again

Have been working on some new ICM images. Despite the fact that the process is pretty far removed from what is considered photography, I find that I keep being drawn back to the technique. No doubt my having been a abstract expressionist painter long ago feeds into the whole process, and making the work seems to feed some part of my creative drive. At any rate, here is some of the results. Kurt

P.S. All of these ICM images are shot using a digital camera fitted with a pinhole lens. Some times I also use a ND filter to increase the exposure times. The idea is to have a long enough exposure time to allow controlled movement. I am really painting with light and and this technique is a way to reach that end.


Newsabi #3

Newsabi #4

Fire Storm #4

No comments:

Post a Comment